Buttery Buttermilk Vanilla CakeFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 2 2/3 cups flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1/4 cup shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vanilla shopping list
- 2 cups buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease / flour 2 9" cake pans.
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, shortening and sugar together until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and the vanilla.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir until almost combined.
- Add buttermilk and stir, again, until almost combined.
- Add the rest of the flour and stir until all ingredients are mixed in.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 40-45 minutes.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating6 people
Looks and sounds really good, enough of the box stuff..thankscraners in Coarsegold loved it
thanks jo jo ba for sharing a lovely recipe love baking with buttermilk.you are a # 1 BAKERmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
I give it *****'s.redkitchen in Murfreesboro loved it