White ChiliFrom bakermel 7 years ago
- 2 lbs. chicken breasts; boneless/skinless shopping list
- 1/2 c. apricot brandy shopping list
- 1 lb. large white beans; soaked overnight in water, drained shopping list
- 6 c. chicken broth shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic; minced shopping list
- 2 med. onions; chopped (optional) shopping list
- 1 Tbs. oil shopping list
- 2 (4 oz.) cans chopped green chilis shopping list
- 2 tsp. ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. ground cloves shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 3 c. Monterey Jack cheese; shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breasts in baking dish with brandy.
- Cover and bake 30-40 min. at 350 degrees F or until cooked.
- Cool and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- In a large stock pot, combine beans, chicken broth, garlic and half the onions; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer until beans are soft, 3 hours or more.
- Add more chicken broth, if necessary.
- In a skillet, saute remaining onions in oil, until tender.
- Add chilies and seasonings.
- Mix thoroughly; add to the bean mixture.
- Add chicken; continue to simmer 1 hour.
- Serve topped with shredded cheese.
- Enjoy! :)