Oven Roasted Chicken In WineFrom a_fuego_lento 8 years ago
- 4 nice sized chicken thighs (or whatever parts of chicken you prefer, but enough for 4 people) shopping list
- 1 large yukon gold potato shopping list
- 1 head of garlic, separated into cloves shopping list
- 1 large yellow onion, sliced into 1/2" rings or half-rings shopping list
- 3 T. chopped parsley shopping list
- chicken broth shopping list
- 1/2 cup red wine (I used a 2002 rioja) shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 bay leaf shopping list
- 1/4 flour shopping list
How to make it
- Dredge the chicken pieces in some flour, sprinkled with salt & pepper, arrange in a baking dish (rectangular pyrex works well)
- Chop the onions and potato, add to dish
- Holding the head of garlic on it's side, chop off the top 1/4, so that the tops of the garlic cloves are a little exposed. Then separate and scatter throughout the dish
- Season with salt and pepper, and drizzle a little olive oil over the entire dish (not too much!).
- Sprinkle with parsley and put in a 350 oven.
- After about 20 min, add 1/4 cup chicken broth, and 1/4 cup wine to the dish.
- Let it roast about another 40 min, or until the chicken is cooked through, and the garlic is soft enough to squeeze out of it's peel.
- Make sure to check along the way - if the dish looks dry, add a bit more wine and broth.
- Remove dish from oven, and reserve the liquid.
- Plate up the chicken/potatoes/garlic/onion, garnish with some more chopped parsley, and drizzle with some of the juice from the pan. If the liquid is too thin, you could put it on a medium flame on the stove, add some cornstarch if necessary to thicken it up.