Fish VeracruzanaFrom modelsmom 9 years ago
- 1 lb fish - scrod, catfish, flounder - cut in chunks shopping list
- 3 large new potatoes, scrubbed (not peeled) and cut in half shopping list
- 3 T oil shopping list
- 2 medium onions, sliced thin shopping list
- 2 bell peppers (any color), seeded and sliced shopping list
- 2 anaheim or 1 poblano chili, seeded and sliced (I use a dash of hot sauce instead) shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 4 T lime juice shopping list
- 2 tsp minced garlic shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup tomato puree or diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 bunch cilantro (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Put potatoes through the thick blade of a food processor.
- Heat oil in an extra large skillet.
- Saute onions until translucent, then move them to the side
- and add potatoes
- Cook, stirring often, until the potatoes take on color
- Add peppers, chilies, and lime juice.
- Cook until the potatoes soften, about 15 minutes.
- Add half of cilantro leaves (if using), tomatoes, and fish.
- Cover fish with vegetables.
- Cook 8 minutes, until fish is done.
- Serve with remaining cilantro and lime wedges for garnish.