Zesty Veggie enchiladasFrom hollydayz 9 years ago
- 1 1/3 cups water shopping list
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) dry lentils shopping list
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup (2 small) thinly sliced carrots shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (optional) shopping list
- 2 cups (2 large) quartered, thinly sliced zucchini shopping list
- 1 cup (1 medium) chopped tomato shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (6 oz.) Light 4 cheese Mexican Blend shopping list
- 8 (8-inch) soft taco-size flour tortillas shopping list
- 1/2 cup Thick & chunky salsa shopping list
How to make it
- PREHEAT oven to 350º F.
- COMBINE water and lentils in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cook, covered, for 20 to 25 minutes or until tender.
- Drain; rinse in cold water.
- HEAT vegetable oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots and chili powder; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Add zucchini; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Remove from heat; stir in lentils, tomato and 3/4 cup of cheese. Spoon 1/2 cup vegetable mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place seam-side down in greased 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
- BAKE, covered, for 8 minutes.
- Remove cover; bake for additional 8 to 12 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon salsa over enchiladas; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake for additional 3 to 4 minutes or until cheese is melted.
The Cookhollydayz Woods Cross, UT
The Rating1 people
I really liked these enchiladas. Easy to make, healthy, and delicious! Great on a cold winter day (and it has been ridiculously cold here in Iowa!) I used whole-grain tortillas and they worked just fine, for those who want that option.amyliz in Iowa City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!