Chocolate TrufflesFrom crainny 5 years ago
- 1/2 pack Graham Crust crumbs (plain or chocolate, or combination of both) shopping list
- 2/3 can sweet condensed milk shopping list
- 1 egg yolk shopping list
- 1 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts chopped coarsely shopping list
- 4 tbsp cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 1 shot of vodka, rum, brandy, Amaretto, or Bailey's shopping list
- vanilla and nutmeg to taste shopping list
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups saltine cracker crumbs shopping list
How to make it
- Warm up butter on a stove or in microwave. Let it melt, but don't let it bubble.
- Stir Graham crumbs, sugar, salt, condensed milk, and cocoa together, add melted butter. Mix well.
- Add an egg yolk, vodka and spices. Mix again.
- Add walnuts. Mix until create stiff dough. If it is too soft, add a little bit of saltine crumbs. It shouldn't crumble, though. If it starts to crumble, add 1-2 spoons of milk, or water.
- Form little cones (truffles), or balls, or small oblong rolls (2 inches long) using the table surface.
- Roll your pastries in saltine cracker crumbs and refrigerate.
- It is a good idea to put them in the freezer. Serve chilled.