Buttermilk PancakesFrom unswissmiss 8 years ago
- 1 1/2 C flour shopping list
- 3 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 3/4 C buttermilk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- vegetable oil for cooking shopping list
How to make it
- Turn on oven to the lowest temperature setting (generally about 150 degrees F), and place a large serving platter inside to keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix buttermilk, eggs, butter, and vanilla to blend.
- Pour buttermilk mixture over the flour mixture, whisking until batter is smooth. (It should be thick, but fluid.)
- Brush griddle with vegetable oil.
- When hot, ladle approximately 1/4 C batter onto the griddle and cook until most of the bubbles that form on the surface pop and remain open, approximately 3 minutes. (The surface of the pancake should also get duller, and the underside of the pancake should be golden-brown.)
- Flip the pancake with a spatula, and cook for 1 minute longer.
- Remove the pancake to the platter in the oven to keep warm, and repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup.
The Cookunswissmiss Basel, CH
The Rating4 people
Love buttermilk. And we use to eat these a lot.
Donna A.donnaja1231 in Moffat loved it
Made these this morning for the family, and they were a hit! The recipe as posted produced pancakes that were just a bit too thick for my taste - I had to thin the batter with just a bit more buttermilk to get a slightly thinner pancake.deadmessenger in powder springs loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!