Pizza BurgerFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- 1 pound ground beef or a mixture of ground beef and italian sausage shopping list
- 4 teaspoons pizza or italian seasoning -- divided shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese shopping list
- 8 ounces tomato or pizza sauce shopping list
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms -- drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced onion shopping list
- 4 toasted hamburger buns shopping list
How to make it
- Combine ground beef, 2 teaspoons pizza seasoning and garlic powder. Shape into eight thin patties.
- Top four of the patties with cheese. Cover with remaining patties; press edges to seal. Refrigerate until needed. Combine tomato sauce, mushrooms and remaining pizza seasoning in small saucepan; simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. In non-stick skillet, saute onion until tender; set aside. Grill, broil, or pan fry burgers until no longer pink.
- Spread bottoms of buns with a little sauce, top with burgers, onion and remaining sauce. Replace tops.