Fools peanut Butter mousse cakeFrom hooch 9 years ago
- 2 cups chocolate sandwich cookie crumbs 500 mL shopping list
- 1 cup chopped peanuts, separated 250 mL shopping list
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, separated 125 mL shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter, melted 25 mL shopping list
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, separated 500 mL shopping list
- 2 cups (18 ounce jar) creamy peanut butter 500 mL shopping list
- 2 pkgs. (250 g) cream cheese, softened 2 shopping list
- 2 cups icing sugar 500 mL shopping list
- 2 tbsp vanilla 25 mL shopping list
- 1 pkg. (6 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 350�F Combine cookie crumbs,
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peanuts, 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar and butter. Press into an ungreased 10-inch (23 cm) springform pan. Bake at 350�F for 15 minutes; cool.
- Beat 1 and 3/4 cups (425 mL) heavy whipping cream until stiff; set aside. In mixing bowl, beat together peanut butter and cream cheese until smooth. Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla mixing well. Fold in beaten whipping cream, adding in a quarter at a time. Pour into cooled crust and refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) granulated sugar and remaining 1/4 cup (50 mL) heavy cream in heavy small saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves and mixture comes to a simmer. Remove from heat and add chocolate pieces, stir until melted and smooth. Cool 5 minutes and spread evenly over filling. Sprinkle with remaining
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped peanuts to garnish. Refrigerate until cold, about 4 hours. Serve chilled.