Maple and Goat Cheese PieFrom lor 5 years ago
- Crust: shopping list
- 2-1/4 cup (200 g) finely ground pecans shopping list
- Note: If you cannot obtain pecans then ground walnuts or even almonds work well. I like to add a couple of ground graham wafers or digestive cookies to the nuts. shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. ginger powder shopping list
- 1/3 cup (75 g) butter, melted shopping list
- 2 Tbsps. pure maple syrup shopping list
- Mix the ground pecans with the cinnamon and the ginger. Add butter and maple syrup and stir until blended. Press into a 9-inch pie plate. Chill for at least 15 minutes. shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 12 oz (340 g) goat cream cheese (17% fat) shopping list
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) maple syrup shopping list
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) goat yogurt shopping list
- 1/2 vanilla bean shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven at 325ºF (165ºC).
- Beat the eggs until creamy.
- Cream the cream cheese in a different bowl.
- Add the maple syrup and blend well.
- Add eggs, yogurt, the inside of the vanilla bean and stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour into pie crust.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. If not, the crust will not hold its shape.
- If you decide to use this crust with a different filling that requires baking, don’t bake it higher than 325-350º F / 165-175º C
- If you use this crust with a filling that doesn’t require baking, pre-bake the crust at 350º F / 175º C for 15-20 minutes.