Chicken Or Shrimp Fettuccine With Lemon SauceFrom smurfetta 6 years ago
- 4 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 2 Tbs freshly squeezed lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest shopping list
- 1 tsp grated lime zest shopping list
- 1 cup chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cup chopped steamed broccoli floretts shopping list
- 1 cup chopped fresh vine ripened tomato shopping list
- Fettuccine, linguini, or angel hair pasta to serve 4 to 6 shopping list
- Grilled chicken strips or shrimp to serve 4-6 shopping list
How to make it
- In a sauce pan or skillet large enough to hold the pasta when it is done, combine the butter, cream, and broth and simmer over medium heat until reduced by about half.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon and lime zest and set aside.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- When cooked and still al dente (firm to the tooth) drain it and add it to the pan containing the sauce.
- Toss over medium heat for 20 to 30 seconds, until most of the sauce is absorbed. I like to form "nests" of the pasta by twirling the noodles into a mound, and sliding them off a spoon onto the plate.
- Top with chicken or shrimp and broccoli and tomato.
- Serve hot