Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Mushrooms Ham CheeseFrom smurfetta 8 years ago
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 5 t. olive oil shopping list
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (2 oz.), (or thinly sliced deli ham) shopping list
- 3/4 C. shredded Italian Fontina cheese (3 ounces) shopping list
- 1 small clove garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 large roma tomatoes , peeled, seeded and slivered shopping list
- 1 t. finely chopped fresh basil leaves shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken breasts pounded to 1/4 thick cutlets.
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and saute until lightly browned.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste; let cool.
- Arrange one slice of prosciutto over each cutlet.
- Sprinkle fontina cheese over prosciutto, dividing it equally.
- Mound one quarter of sautéed mushrooms in the center of each cutlet and fold the long sides of the cutlet toward the center then roll up, enclosing the mushroom filling.
- Tie the chicken rolls with kitchen twine and put them seam side down on a small baking pan that has been lightly oiled.
- Rub the chicken roll with 2 teaspoons of the olive oil and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. (Internal temperature should register 165°F when measured with a meat thermometer.)
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a small skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add garlic and saute until golden.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the basil and season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- When chicken is ready, remove twine and slice each roll into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Fan slices out on four plates and serve each with spoonful of the tomato-garlic sauce.