Salmon Linguine with White Wine SauceFrom hollyeats 9 years ago
- olive oil shopping list
- 3 green onions, washed and chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup flour shopping list
- 1 cup white wine (Chardonnay is good) shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- Fresh-ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 lb. smoked salmon, cut in small bits shopping list
- 1 1/4 lbs. linguine shopping list
- Fresh-grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- (optional: handful toasted pine nuts) shopping list
How to make it
- In a small saucepan, sauté onions in olive oil until just limp. Remove from heat.
- In another pan, melt the butter and as soon as it's melted, stir the flour in all at once, whisking until completely smooth.
- Remove from heat and whisk in wine.
- Return to heat and whisk in milk, salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook, stirring regularly, over medium heat until boiling; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes more.
- While doing the above, start heating water for pasta on another burner; when boiling, add pasta and cook al dente. Drain and keep hot.
- Remove sauce from heat; stir in onions and salmon.
- Return to burner and heat through, until salmon is hot but not rubbery!
- Pour sauce over hot pasta and toss.
- Serve immediately, passing the parmesan cheese (and sprinkle with pine nuts if desired).