Steel Magnolias Dollys Red Velvet Bouffant CakeFrom henrie 7 years ago
- For the Cake: shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 cup vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup beets, cooked and peeled shopping list
- 3 tbl cocoa shopping list
- 2 tbl red food coloring shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tbl vanilla shopping list
- 1 cup buttermilk shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour, sifted shopping list
- 1 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1 tbl white vinegar shopping list
- For the Icing: shopping list
- 2 cups powdered sugar shopping list
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 stick butter, softened shopping list
- 1 cup pecans, chopped shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- Butter a 9 inch bundt pan, sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of flour in the buttered pan
- and rotate the pan a few times to distribute the flour evenly before tapping out the excess.
- Combine the sugar and shortening in a large mixing bowl and beat until fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition
- Combine the beets, cocoa and food coloring in a blender jar and process until smooth, about 45 seconds. Add the beet mixture to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Mix together the salt, vanilla and buttermilk and add alternately with the sifted cake flour, stirring after each addition.
- In a small bowl, stir together the baking soda and vinegar and fold into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake in the center of the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Set the cake on a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes before frosting.
- Combine all frosting ingredients and beat well.
- Ice the cake and refrigerate before serving.
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating2 people
FOR ANOTHER GREAT AND ORIGINAL RECIPE!!!!!!!! THE RECIPE THAT I USE IS THE COLOUR OF BEETS BUT HAS NO BEETS.I DEFINITELY MUST TRY YOUR'S IN FEBRUARY AS THERE ARE 3 WEDDING'S TAKING PLACE IN THE FAMILY
SO, YES I WILL BE VERY BU...moremumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
Right up my ally!!! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it