BEST Apple Crumble EVERFrom castingcook 6 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 4 large golden delicious apples (about 3 pounds) shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 lemon, juiced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Topping: shopping list
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups rolled oats shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- Pinch fine salt shopping list
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) cold butter, cut into small pieces shopping list
- vanilla ice cream, for serving, optional shopping list
How to make it
- Position an oven rack in the center of the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Peel, core, and slice apples into 1/4-inch slices. Place apples in a large mixing bowl and toss with sugar, lemon juice, flour, and cinnamon. Pour into a lightly greased 9 by 13-inch baking dish, and spread out into an even layer. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together the nuts, flour, oats, sugar, cinnamon, and salt for the topping. Using a pastry cutter or your fingers, gently work in the cold butter until pea-sized lumps are formed.
- Top apples evenly with mixture and bake until apples are bubbly and topping is golden brown, about 45 minutes, rotating once halfway through cooking.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream.
The Cookcastingcook Los Angeles, CA
The Rating3 people
I made this last night for my mother-in-law and she LOVED IT!!! She even asked for the recipe which she has never done. Thanks for the post, anything that gets me in good with the mother-in-law is always a good thing.jabec in Kingston loved it
I love the nuts and all of the spices, you have my 5 fork rating,
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I made this tonight minus the chopped nuts and I used Granny Smith apples. Fast, easy, and oh so delicious!vanislandgirl in Nanaimo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!