Slow Cooker Beef N BeansFrom cadavis 8 years ago
- 1 pound dried pinto beans shopping list
- 1/4 pound salt pork or bacon, diced shopping list
- 1-2 pounds chuck steak, cut into 1 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/8-1/4 teaspoon crush red pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 can ( 6 ounces) tomato paste shopping list
- 1 cup of water shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- salt ( I don't add any, but you may prefer to add a little) shopping list
How to make it
- Completely soften beans by soaking
- In a skillet, brown salt pork and cubed chuck steak over medium-heat; drained well.
- Add to crock-pot with soaked beans.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir well.
- Cover and cook on High for 2 hours, then on Low for 7 to 12 Hours or cook on High for 5 to 8 Hours.
- Calories 538 Kcal
- Fat 30 gm
- Sodium 443 mg
- Protein 28 gm
- Carbohydrate 41 gm
- Cholesterol 74 mg