Slow-cook Chicken ChowderFrom joebrodie 7 years ago
- 3 quarts of chicken broth/stock (96oz) shopping list
- 2 large, sweet onions (chopped) shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped celery (2 celery ribs) shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped carrots (2 large carrots) shopping list
- 2-3 cups of chopped, cooked chicken breast (3-4 chicken breasts) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules (or 1 cube) shopping list
- 2 cups of half-n-half shopping list
- 1 cup of uncooked rice shopping list
- 1 cup of flour shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put broth, onions, celery, carrots, chicken, pepper, and bouillon into a large crock-pot.
- Cook on High for 4-5 hours.
- After the 4-5 hours, whisk half-n-half and flour together until smooth.
- Pour the flour/half-n-half mixture into the crock-pot while stirring.
- Put the rice in the crock-pot and keep on High for another 30-45 minutes.
- Salt to taste.
- Some time-saving steps:
- Instead of cooking the rice for 30-45 minutes, use a rice-cooker to cook the rice and put it into the crock-pot for just a few minutes.
- Prep the half-n-half/flour mixture, veggies, and chicken ahead of time and stick it in the fridge until you are ready.
- Remove the flour, and you have a soup instead of a chowder.