Tuna CasseroleFrom pamela 8 years ago
- 3 cups egg noodles, uncooked shopping list
- 2 (6 oz) cans of tuna, drained shopping list
- 1/3 cup green onions, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped shopping list
- 1 zucchini (small), sliced shopping list
- 1 tomato, chopped shopping list
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Monterey Jack is recommended) shopping list
- 1/3 cup sour cream shopping list
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 2 tsp mustard shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then, grease a 2 qt. casserole dish.
- Boil a large pot of water (salted), then add your noodles. Cook until "al dente", and then drain.
- Combine noodles, tuna, green onion and celery in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, mayonnaise, and mustard. Then, the salt and thyme. Put 1/2 of the mixture into your casserole dish, then place a layer of zucchini over your mixture. Add the left over noodles, and another layer of zucchini. Spread the cheese over the casserole.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly and hot. Finally, add the tomatoes to the top of the casserole and enjoy!