Condensed Cream Of Mushroom Soup SubstituteFrom cuddlezxoxo 7 years ago
How to make it
- Melt butter in a saucepan over Med-Low heat.
- Stir in flour a little at a time until smooth, then remove from heat.
- Add broth and milk a little at a time, stirring to keep mixture smooth. Then, stir in mushrooms.
- Return to heat and bring sauce to a gentle boil; stir constantly until sauce thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Notes: This sauce can be used as a substitute for CONDENSED Cream of Mushroom Soup. I used it in Maryelizlawson's Easy Chicken Tetrazzini Recipe, and it was perfect.
- Original recipe and other variations you can make can be found at http://www.recipezaar.com/278274
The Cookcuddlezxoxo Miami, FL
The Rating6 people
I always make mine from scratch , I like having control over thickness and type of mushrooms.
I use a mushroom powder that get from the Asian food market.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I love this and the good thing is NO MSG YAY!!! :0)
Thanks for posting this.chispirit in Chesapeake loved it
I had a recipe that called for Cream of Mushroom soup and realized I didn't have. Took a chance and did a quick search here. My recipe turned out better than with the original. Thanks!77mini in Buffalo loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!