Easy Mexican CasseroleFrom crossfire 6 years ago
- 8 ounces ground beef shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) can whole kernal corn, draiined shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) jar chunky salsa shopping list
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced pitted black olives, drained shopping list
- 1 cup cottage cheese shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) low fat sour cream shopping list
- 5 cups tortilla chips shopping list
- 2 cups shredded cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato shopping list
How to make it
- Brown ground beef in large skillet, drain. Add corn and salsa; cook until thoroughly heated. Reserve 2 tbsp olives; stir remaining olives into beef mixture. combine cottage cheese and sour cream in a small bowl.
- In 2 quart casserole, layer 2 cups chips, half the meat mixture, 3/4 cup cheese and half of cottage cheesee mixture. Repeat layers; cover.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 35 minutes. Line edge of casserole with remaining 1 cup chips; top with tomato, reserved 2 tbsp olives and remaining 1/2 cup cheese. bake 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and chips are hot.
- I don't like hot tomatoes, so I sprinkle them on top after this is baked.