Smoky Black Bean and Cheddar DipFrom coffeebean53 7 years ago
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans, drained, or 2 cups cooked black beans shopping list
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, cut into small pieces (use part of the chili if you want it milder) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon of the adobo sauce in the can shopping list
- 3 cups shredded medium-sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- corn or tortilla chips and assorted raw vegetables for serving shopping list
How to make it
- In a food processor, process the black beans and chile with its sauce together until smooth, stopping to scrape down the bowl as necessary.
- Scrape the dip into the slow cooker and fold in the cheese to evenly distribute. Cover and cook on LOW until the dip is hot throughout and the cheese melted, 1 1/2 to 3 hours.
- Set the slow cooker in the entertaining area. Set on LOW, leave the cover off, and dip the chips and veggies.
- Makes about 2 1/2 cups to serve 8 to 10