stuffed pasta shellsFrom onceuponatart 9 years ago
- 16 conchiglioni (large pasta shells) shopping list
- filling shopping list
- 200g (homemade) ricotta shopping list
- 2 tablespoons grated parmigiano reggiano shopping list
- 2 rashers of streaky bacon, cut in small strips shopping list
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme, chopped shopping list
- a good hand full dried porcinis, soaked in hot water and chopped shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- simple tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 medium red onion, diced finely shopping list
- 1 carrot, diced finely shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of tomato purée shopping list
- 2 cans diced tomatoes shopping list
- some flat leaf parsley, finely chopped finely shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- freshly grated parmigiano Reggiano shopping list
How to make it
- first make the easy-peasy tomato sugo. heat some olive oil in a depp sided pan, add onion, carrot and tomato purée - mix and let sauté for a bit until it softens and caramelises. now add the canned tomatoes, increase heat. season with salt and pepper and let it cook and bubble until the mixture has thickened. add chopped parsley and remove from heat.
- heat oven to 180c°.
- then heat a pot with salted water and cook pasta shells for about 8 minutes until they are soft but still have a bite and are firm enough to be filled. drain and allow to cool.
- for the filling, place ricotta, grated parmigiano, thyme, chopped porcinis, bacon, a little salt and freshly ground pepper into a bowl and mix (you might find this a little yuck - but its best to do this, using your hands). fill drained and cooled pasta shells with ricotta mixture and place in an ovenproof dish.
- spoon a little of the tomato sauce over the stuffed shells (you probably wont use all of the sauce - safe it for another batch of stuffed conchiglioni). generously sprinkle with grated parmigiano cheese.
- bake for about 20 minutes in the middle of the oven. add some freshly grated parmigiano cheese before serving. tuck in asap!
The Cookonceuponatart Zurich, CH
- Not added to any groups yet!