In-Side-Out RavioliFrom ravenseyes 5 years ago
- 1 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped shopping list
- 2 tbsp garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp italian seasoning shopping list
- 10-oz. package frozen spinach, chopped shopping list
- 1-lb. spaghetti sauce with mushrooms shopping list
- 8-oz. tomato sauce shopping list
- 6-oz. tomato paste shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- Dash of black pepper shopping list
- 7-oz. package Shell or elbow macaroni, cooked shopping list
- 2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- 1/2 cup Soft bread Crumbs shopping list
- 2 whole eggs, well-beaten shopping list
- 1/4 cup vegetable or salad oil shopping list
How to make it
- Brown ground beef, chopped onion, minced garlic and Italian seasoning in a large skillet over medium heat. Drain excess fat, if necessary, and reserve.
- Cook chopped spinach as directed on the package; drain, and reserve the liquid. Add enough water to the reserved spinach water to make 1 cup. Combine spinach liquid with the spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and salt and pepper, and add to the browned meat and vegetables. Simmer for about 10 minutes to thoroughly combine meat with the sauces.
- Meanwhile, cook the elbow or shell macaroni as directed on the package, drain, and reserve. Combine the cooked spinach with the macaroni in a large mixing bowl. Add cheese, bread crumbs, eggs, and oil to the spinach and macaroni, stirring from the bottom to combine all ingredients.
- Spread the macaroni mixture into a 9-inch by 13-inch oven-proof baking dish.
- Cover with the meat sauce, and bake in a pre-heated 350-F degree oven for about a half an hour.
- This hearty one-dish meal goes perfectly with a leafy green salad and garlic toast.