Spicy RiceFrom fergie 7 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp soy sauce (Plus 1 tbsp in reserve) shopping list
- 1 tsp fish sauce shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- ½ tsp sugar shopping list
- 5 garlic cloves – Finely Chopped shopping list
- 3cm Root ginger – Finely chopped shopping list
- 2 Red Chillis – Sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 Medium onion – Finely sliced shopping list
- 500g small prawns shopping list
- 250g mushroom – sliced thinly shopping list
- 1 can sweetcorn shopping list
- 1 green bell pepper – Chopped into ½ cm cubed shopping list
- Large Handfull fresh coriander – Roughly chopped shopping list
- 500g basmati rice shopping list
How to make it
- In large pan, wash the rice, then boil until soft and ready to serve.
- Drain the rice and leave to one side.
- In a large wok, heat the oil on a high heat.
- Add the Cumin Seeds, Garlic, Ginger and Chilli’s and stir fry for 1 min
- Add the Soy Sauce, Fish Sauce and Sugar
- Stir Fry for 1 min.
- Add the Onions and stir fry until the onions have softened (about 5 mins)
- Add the Sweet corn, Green Bell Pepper and Mushrooms and stir fry for about 5 mins or until the vegetables are cooked.
- Reduce the heat and add the prawns
- Cook for about 1 min on a medium heat.
- Add the Rice, Chopped Corriander and the reserved Soy Sauce to the Wok and mix with the vegetables.
- Once all the juices from the sauces have soaked into the rice, this only takes a minute or so, transfer the rice to a serving bowl and ENJOY !
The Cookfergie Sevenoaks, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!