Enchilada CasseroleFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1 tablespoon corn oil shopping list
- 2 pounds lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup chopped white onion shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green pepper shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup fresh whole kernel corn shopping list
- 16 ounce can stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 4 ounce can chopped mild green chilies shopping list
- 1 teaspoon chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin shopping list
- 16 corn tortillas shopping list
- 1 pound monterey jack cheese shredded shopping list
- 8 ounce jar prepared salsa shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onion shopping list
- 15 ounce can tomato sauce shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet heat oil over high heat.
- Add beef, onion, pepper and garlic then sauté stirring constantly until meat is browned.
- Drain off fat.
- Stir in corn and remove mixture to large bowl.
- In small skillet heat stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chilies, chili powder and cumin to boiling stirring to break up pieces of tomato.
- Heat oven to 400.
- Spoon 1/2 cup sauce into bottom of shallow baking dish .
- Stir 1/2 cup sauce into hamburger mixture.
- Working on waxed paper dip a tortilla in sauce then fill with 1/4 cup meat mixture and 2 tablespoons cheese.
- Roll up and place in baking pan.
- Repeat to make 2 layers of 8 enchiladas then stir any remaining meat mixture into sauce and pour over enchiladas.
- Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Spoon salsa over top and bake 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped onions and serve immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 95
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating5 people
I'm lovin' it already. Hey gang, guess what Mom's fixn' for supper??
Thanks for the post kido.
Yummy! got my 5dottiet in Woodward loved it
Great flavor. My pic doesn't look anything like the recipe pic.
See also Chefmeows Enchilada Casserolepointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!