Rice Congee Soup JookFrom not2dvous 8 years ago
- 9 cups water shopping list
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 fresh turkey wing (1 lb) shopping list
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger (.25 oz) shopping list
- chopped green onions (opt) shopping list
- minced fresh parsley (opt) shopping list
- Julienne-cut peeled fresh ginger (opt) shopping list
- low sodium soy sauce (opt) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a large pot, and bring to a boil over med-high heat. Cover, and reduce heat cook 1 1/2 hours or until soup has a creamy consistency, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- Discard ginger piece. Remove turkey from soup and let cool. Discard skin and bones from turkey. Chop meat into bite-sized pieces and return meat to soup. Garnish with green onions, parsley, fresh ginger and/or soy sauce as desired.
The Cooknot2dvous Orlando, FL
- Not added to any groups yet!