Sausage Peppers Onions For TwelveFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- 3 lb. sweet Italian pork sausages, cut into 2" pieces OR hot Italian pork sausages, cut into 2" pieces shopping list
- 3 medium onions, sliced (about 1/2 cup) shopping list
- 3 medium green peppers, cut into 2"-long strips (about 4 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 1 jar (4 lb. 4 oz.) Prego® Traditional Italian Sauce (7 1/2 cups) shopping list
- 12 long Pepperidge Farm® Classic sandwich buns with sesame seeds (7 1/2"), split shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Put the sausage in a 16 1/2 x 12 x 2 1/2-inch disposable foil pan.
- Bake at 425°F. for 45 minutes or until the sausage is browned. Carefully pour off juices that are in the pan.
- Stir in the pasta sauce, peppers and onions. Cover the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes more or until the sausage reaches an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Divide the sausage and peppers among the roll halves. Top with the cheese and remaining roll halves.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
Sweet Lord, have mercy! It's calling me - like a siren song .... yes, yes wait, I'm coming, I'm coming!! *ahem* Sorry - got carried away *grin* 5 baby!danadooley in Singapore loved it
Lost me with the Prego. Too sweet for my taste. But on the whole, the overall idea is a *5*.tilgidh in Blackshear loved it