Chilli JamFrom mystic_river1 7 years ago
- (1 lb) roma (egg) tomatoes shopping list
- 1 small onion julienned shopping list
- 3-4 small red chillis (chopped) shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves (chopped) shopping list
- 1 small knob of ginger (chopped) shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp ground cumin shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp mustard seed shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp turmeric shopping list
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup brown sugar shopping list
- extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- sea salt flakes shopping list
- black pepper corn mill shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees (350 fahrenheit)
- Cut tomatoes in half and drizzle them with olive oil and roast in the oven until skins start to blister.
- Sweat the onions in a pot in a touch of oil on low flame until they turn soft and translucent.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the onions and sweat a few more minutes.
- Add the roasted tomatoes to the pot, reduce the heat to very low, cook out for 1-2 hours season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Once all the ingredients are cooked out, allow to cool and puree in a food processor, refrigerate and use as needed.