Double cheese Souper BowlFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
- 4 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup onion, diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup celery, washed, diced shopping list
- 4 tablespoons flour shopping list
- 3 cups milk, warm shopping list
- 1 cup Wisconsin sharp cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 1 cup Wisconsin gouda cheese, shredded shopping list
- 5 drops hot sauce shopping list
- 1/2 cup ham, diced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chives, minced shopping list
- white pepper, ground, to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Over medium heat, in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat butter until melted. Stir in onion and celery, cover.
- Cook 3 minutes or until transparent.
- Stir often to prevent browning.
- Stir in flour to thicken. Cook until it bubbles.
- Slowly stir in warm milk, mixing until thickened and smooth.
- Bring to a simmer (do not boil) and continue stirring.
- Reduce to very low heat and add Wisconsin Cheddar and Wisconsin Gouda cheeses, white pepper and hot sauce.
- Stir until well blended. Add ham and chives.
- Place in a thermos and bring to any sports event. Serve in mugs at your tailgate parties.
- Substitutions: Beer or non-alcoholic beer could be used instead of milk.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
5 all the way!
Alexalexdavies in Stafford loved it