CouscousFrom marianna 8 years ago
- 500g couscous shopping list
- 500ml recently boiled water shopping list
- 1 aubergine shopping list
- 1 zucchini shopping list
- 30g of dried shiitaki shopping list
- 3/4 cup of dried apricot shopping list
- 1/2 cup of sultanas shopping list
- butter shopping list
- olive oil shopping list
- balsamic vinegar shopping list
- salt shopping list
- black pepper shopping list
- dried parsley shopping list
- 3 spring onions shopping list
- saffron shopping list
- curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 cube of vegetable stock shopping list
How to make it
- Thinly slice aubergine and zucchini. Drizzle with olive oil and grill until they are soft and charred a bit. Reserve. Prepare a vinaigrette using olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, oregano. I can't give you the exact amounts. It all depends on your own taste and preference. Cut the aubergine and zucchini in small pieces (not tiny, it's not supposed to become a paste) Drizzle the vinagrette on the vegetables. Reserve.
- Hydrate the mushrooms with boiled water, add the vegetable stock cube if you want. After they are hydrated, pour them in a sieve. Squeeze the excess liquid (you can save and freeze the mushroom stock for other recipes). Thinly slice the mushrooms and sauté them in a pan with a table spoon of butter and a drizzle of vegetable oil (just so the butter won't burn). Using the back of your knife, smash a clove of garlic and add it to the mushrooms. Season with salt and black pepper. Add the sherry, let the mushrooms absorb it. You can add a bit of water if you want the mushrooms a bit more moist. Reserve.
- Cut the dried apricots in small pieces and hydrate them in a bowl with hot water together with the sultanas. (You can use the microwave to do that). Reserve.
- The brand of couscous I got uses a one to one ratio. In other words: 500g of couscous to 500ml of water. Check the intructions of the brand you got to see the exact ratio in your case.
- Pour water in a pan, let it come to a boil, add one table spoon of olive oil. Add the couscous. Put the lid on, let it cook for 5min (Again, this is the intructions of the couscous I bought. Check yours to see exaclty what to do). After the couscous is cooked, fluff it up using two forks. Don't use a spoon. Add a table spoon of butter and let it melt there, and continue to use the forks so the whole thing is coated with butter.
- Gradually add the ingredientes: the sauté mushrooms, the grilled zucchini and aubergine seasoned with the vinaigrete, the apricots and sultanas. Add a tea spoon of curry powder and saffron. It's not necessary to add more salt because there's salt in the grilled vegetables and the sauté mushrooms. If you want more salt, solve it in a bit of olive oil and add it. Sprinkle the spring onions, mix it well (using the forks) and serve.
The Cookmarianna Rio De Janeiro, BR
The Rating4 people
thanks for the invitation Marianna. Your couscous recipe looks delicious. Thanks for the recipe and I hope to share some recipes soon. Marciamao65 in Griffith loved it
Thanks. A lot better than most recipes that take shortcuts. Nice to see it coming from scratch. A 5elgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!