Caramel French ToastFrom daisey11 8 years ago
- 1 cup packed lt brown sugar shopping list
- 8 Tbsp butter shopping list
- 2 Tbsp lt corn syrup shopping list
- 12 slices of bread shopping list
- 3 Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 6 large eggs beaten shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt. shopping list
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Grease 13 x 9 inch baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar,butter and corn syrup in a saucepan. Cook over med heat stirring until sugar is dissolved about 2 min.
- Spread the caramel mixture over the bottom of the baking dish and top with pecans. Arrange 6 bread slices on top of caramel.
- Mix the granulated sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Sprinkle over bread in the baking dish. Layer remaining slices on top of sugar mixture.
- Combine egss,milk,vanilla and salt in med bowl and mix well. Pour over layers of bread. Chill,covered for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bake 40 min.
- Serve immediately