Scallops with hazelnuts and brown butterFrom theiris 6 years ago
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts skin removed and coarsly chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 lb. large sea scallops (about 12) cut in half horizontally shopping list
- 1 or 2 bunches baby arugula 1/2lb. washed and dried shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, stirring frequently, cook butter over medium heat until golden brown and most of the foam has subsided, about 4 minutes.
- Immediately remove butter from pan to a small bowl. Stir the hazlenuts and vinegar to butter and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm and set aside. Wipe out the pan with paper towel.
- Season scallops generously with salt & pepper. Place same skillet over medium high heat. When hot cook scallops in 2 batches (to avoid steaming) till browned and opaque in center, turning only once with a spatula about 2 minutes total
- Divide arugula onto serving plates, top with scallops and spoon hazlenut butter over scallops.
The Cooktheiris Garden City, MI
The Rating4 people
love a good scallop, but this is to die forkitchen_fantasy in Bluffton loved it
Wow... the taste robot is right.... we are highly compatible foodies... great post... saved to make this one... davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
Scallops with brown butter rock - so I know adding hazelnuts would be delicious...yummm. Thanks so much for sharing - great post!lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!