Scallops with hazelnuts and brown butterFrom theiris 9 years ago
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1/4 cup hazelnuts skin removed and coarsly chopped shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar shopping list
- coarse salt and ground pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 lb. large sea scallops (about 12) cut in half horizontally shopping list
- 1 or 2 bunches baby arugula 1/2lb. washed and dried shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet, stirring frequently, cook butter over medium heat until golden brown and most of the foam has subsided, about 4 minutes.
- Immediately remove butter from pan to a small bowl. Stir the hazlenuts and vinegar to butter and season with salt and pepper. Cover to keep warm and set aside. Wipe out the pan with paper towel.
- Season scallops generously with salt & pepper. Place same skillet over medium high heat. When hot cook scallops in 2 batches (to avoid steaming) till browned and opaque in center, turning only once with a spatula about 2 minutes total
- Divide arugula onto serving plates, top with scallops and spoon hazlenut butter over scallops.
The Cooktheiris Garden City, MI
The Rating4 people
Scallops with brown butter rock - so I know adding hazelnuts would be delicious...yummm. Thanks so much for sharing - great post!lunasea in Orlando loved it
Wow... the taste robot is right.... we are highly compatible foodies... great post... saved to make this one... davewolfpackjack in Raleigh loved it
love a good scallop, but this is to die forkitchen_fantasy in Bluffton loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!