Lemon - Pepper Chicken PopsFrom jo_jo_ba 6 years ago
- 12 whole chicken tenders, cut widthwise in half shopping list
- 1 cup brown rice flour shopping list
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs shopping list
- 4 egg whites, lightly beaten shopping list
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon shopping list
- 1/2 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper shopping list
- 3 Tbsp canola oil shopping list
- juice of 2 lemons shopping list
- 24 Short bamboo sticks shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 200F.
- Place flour, breadcrumbs, and eggs into individual bowls.
- Add lemon zest to the bowl of Panko and the pepper with the egg whites, mixing each lightly until evenly distributed.
- Coat the chicken pieces in the following order: dip the chicken piece into flour, shaking off excess, then dip into the egg mixture to coat, and finally dip the chicken into Panko, coating well and making sure to shake off the excess.
- Place onto a parchment lined tray and repeat with remaining chicken.
- Place a large, high-sided pan over medium high heat.
- Add vegetable oil to the warmed pan and allow to heat thoroughly.
- Place 4-5 chicken pieces in the pan and allow them to cook (without touching) 1 minute.
- Flip and cook other side 1 minute.
- Add 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to the pan and toss the chicken with the juice.
- Remove chicken and place on a paper towel lined tray. Place tray into the preheated oven to keep warm and continue to cook the remainder of the chicken.
- Repeat the same process until all the chicken pieces are cooked.
- To serve, place one piece of chicken on each bamboo stick.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
On A Budget557 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Eat Light Healthy455 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members
Cooking Is Fun65 members
Party Food316 members
Everyday Chefs68 members
Cooking With Kids38 members
Whole Foods142 members