White Sauce DelightFrom bodana63 7 years ago
- 2 pints of heavy cream shopping list
- 1 pkg of cream cheese shopping list
- 3 cups of parmesan cheese shopping list
- garlic, 6 cloves fresh or 2-3 minced in a jar is fine shopping list
- 1 and a half cup of white wine shopping list
- (wine Suggestion: Italian Pinot Grigio) shopping list
- 2 T olive oil shopping list
- fresh pepper! shopping list
- Fettucine (enough for 8+) 2 pkg in grocery refridge department or make your own noodles shopping list
- ** 2 lbs chicken or 30+jumbo shrimp (peeled), just prepare the meat in same manner to get the flavor. shopping list
- I use kosher salt most of the time when I cook. shopping list
How to make it
- Over a slow to medium heat in a sauce pan add the heavy cream, cream cheese in chopped up chunks and melt down.
- Make sure to turn the heat down low and slowly add parmesan mixing it until it is all melted.
- Add in 1 and half- T garlic and 1 and half- cups of wine (more or less), to your liking. (I usually add more.)
- Stir occasionally and keep it covered. Heat can be turned off to prevent any burning or overcooking.
- **While making the sauce you can sautee the shrimp or chicken (bite size peices).
- *** Also, heat the water and have it ready for your noodles in a large pan. The noodles only take 1-3 minutes depending on if they are from the store (3 minutes) or if they are homemade ( 1 minute). So do not cook them until you are ready to serve your white sauce and meat.
- Heat the olive oil and your meat of choice in the hot oil and saute over med-high heat and turn down to med-low when almost done.
- Next add the 2 T garlic and slowly add in the wine to your sauce when ithe meat is close to being done allowing it to simmer and cook in the flavor. I like to add some kosher salt at this time, about 1 T. When serving the Chicken or Shrimp make sure to drain off excess liquids.
- Time to cook those Noodles!
- Now your are ready to serve.....Sprinkle ontop of each serving the remaining fresh parmesan cheese and add some fresh pepper! Mmmmm. Give it a try and tell me what you think. It is easy and terribly rich. My kids and husband crave this dish and I seldom to keep my weight down. ;)
The Cookbodana63 Payson, IL
The Rating2 people
Technically this is a cheese sauce but it's a 5 cheese sauce and who's counting? The only reason I mention this is that someone looking for a great cheese sauce might miss this one and that would be a shame.Good cooking. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!