Mock Apple PieFrom mystik 7 years ago
- Pastry for two-crust 9-inch pie shopping list
- 30 to 36 Ritz crackers, coarsely broken up (about 1 3/4 cups) shopping list
- 2 tsp cream of tartar shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- Grated rind of one lemon shopping list
- 2 tbsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp butter / margarine shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sugar, cream of tartar and water in saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer for 15 minutes. Add grated lemon rind and lemon juice. Allow to cool.
- If you aren't using the pre-made shells, roll out half the pastry and line a 9 inch pie plate.
- Place coarsely-broken cracker crumbs in pie crust. Pour cooled syrup over crackers. Dot with butter or margarine and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Top the pie with the remaining pastry. Trim, seal and flute edges. Slit top to allow steam to escape.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until crust is crisp and golden.
- Cool completely before serving.