Mango ChutneyFrom tinymango 8 years ago
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored, and chopped shopping list
- 2 large mangoes, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium sweet red pepper, chopped shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) golden raisins shopping list
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) finely chopped peeled gingerroot shopping list
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tsp (10 mL) curry powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each: ground nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt shopping list
How to make it
- Combine apples, mangoes, red pepper, sugar, onion, raisins, vinegar, and gingerroot in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat, and boil gently, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until fruit is tender and mixture is thickened, stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice, curry powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt; boil gently for 5 minutes.
- Chutney Butter
- Combine 3 tbsp (45 mL) Mango Chutney and 1 tbsp (15 mL) softened butter or margarine. Stir in 2 tsp (10 mL) chopped fresh cilantro and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Makes 1/4 cup (50 mL).
- "I like to mix this chutney into a vinaigrette made with vegetable oil, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, lime juice, lime zest, and crystallized ginger," says Topp. "It makes a delicious dressing for fruit salad or a marinade for barbecued chicken, pork, and ham."
The Cooktinymango Reedville, VA
The Rating5 people
I have been looking for a simple chutney to go with pork. I think I'll try this one :-)luisascatering in San Carlos loved it
Uhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...... I love Mango chutney!!!
Thanks for the great recipe.berry in Winter Park loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!