Healthy Carrot Banana MuffinsFrom myrna 5 years ago
- 3/4 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup oats shopping list
- 2 Tbsp flax seed shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon each: allspice and cloves shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar (can substitute half with low cal sweetner) shopping list
- 1/4 cup canola or olive oil shopping list
- 1 mashed ripe banana shopping list
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups grated carrot shopping list
- 1/2 cup raisins (optional shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees
- Place first 6 ingredients (until salt) in blender or food processor and blend until fine.
- Stir all remaining ingredients together until well combined.
- Add dry ingredients and stir until moist.
- Pour into muffin tins and bake for 25 minutes or until just firm on top.
- Cool. YUM
The Cookmyrna Leuven, BE
The Rating6 people
I just made these muffins to take on a plane trip and half of them disappeared by way of friends and family before I could even get them to a container :) And I'm sure the rest will far surpass regular airplane fare.
...morekekopelli in Gaithersburg loved it
These sound wonderful - thanks for sharing :)jett2whit in Union City loved it
These were great. I made a few tweaks. I didn't have cloves, so I omitted them. I added 1/4 cup of bran instead of flax seed. I added 2 tsp baking powder (I was worried they wouldn't rise otherwise), which made them nice and fluffy. I only cooked the...moresweetpea1813 in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!