Scrambled Egg CasseroleFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup butter divided shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup shredded American cheese shopping list
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham shopping list
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions shopping list
- 12 eggs beaten shopping list
- 4 ounce can sliced mushrooms drained shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups soft bread crumbs shopping list
- Additional sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- In a medium saucepan melt 2 tablespoons butter.
- Add flour, salt and pepper then cook and stir until mixture begins to bubble.
- Gradually stir in milk and cook until thickened and bubbly stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat.
- Add cheese and mix well then set aside.
- In a large skillet saute ham and onions in 3 tablespoons butter until onions are tender.
- Add eggs then cook and stir until they begin to set.
- Add mushrooms and cheese sauce and mix well.
- Pour in a medium baking dish.
- Melt remaining butter then toss with bread crumbs and sprinkle over top of casserole.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with additional onions.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!