Baked Potato SoupFrom fluttergirl 9 years ago
- 2/3 cup butter shopping list
- 2/3 cup flour shopping list
- 7 cups milk shopping list
- 4 large baking potatoes, baked, cooled, peeled and cubed, about 4 cups shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups onion thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mild cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt (or more to taste) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In a large Dutch oven or stockpot over low heat, melt butter.
- Stir in flour; stir until smooth and bubbly.
- Gradually add milk, stirring constantly, until sauce has thickened.
- Add potatoes and onions. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until soup begins to bubble.
- Reduce heat; simmer gently for 10 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir until cheese is melted.
- Serve baked potato soup immediately.
- This baked potato soup recipe serves 6 to 8.