Wisconsin Cheese SoupFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 1/4 C butter or margarine shopping list
- 3 medium onions, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice shopping list
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch dice shopping list
- 3 3/4 C vegetables stock shopping list
- 1 can beer shopping list
- 2/3 C light cream or milk shopping list
- 1/2 lb. extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated shopping list
- salt and fresh ground pepper shopping list
- garlic powder shopping list
- cayenne pepper shopping list
- Grated cheddar cheese for garnish shopping list
- Chopped parsley for garnish shopping list
How to make it
- Heat butter or margarine in a saucepan.
- Add onions and cook slowly 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add potatoes, stirring constantly, until vegetables are a delicate golden brown.
- Pour in stock and beer. Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Mash potatoes a little, or puree if you like a smoother soup.
- Stir in cream or milk.
- Add cheddar cheese and stir until melted.
- Season with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne, to taste.
- Garnish with grated cheese and chopped parsely.
- Serve with crostini.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!