Hawaiian Sweet Potato CasseroleFrom annieamie 5 years ago
How to make it
- In a large pot, add enough water until there are 2 inches of water in the pot.
- Heat the water to a boil.
- Please the potatoes in a steamer basket or colandar over the water and cover.
- Steam on medium heat until potatoes are tender for about 25 minutes.
- Peel the potatoes or yams and cut into one inch cubes.
- In a casserole dish that has been either butterd or sprayed with a non-stick coating, layer the potatoes in the following way.
- Potatoes or yams
- half of the brown sugar
- half of the butter
- half of the pineapple
- And repeat the layers.
- Pour the coconut milk over the top of the last layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes in a 350 oven.
- Remove this from the oven and let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
- *The coconut milk makes the casserole richer in flavor and texture than your basic sweet potato casserole.
The Cookannieamie Los Angeles, US
I Like Food82 members
Newbie Foodies97 members
All Holidays135 members
Dont Knock It Till You Try It74 members
Casserole Comfort130 members
The Holiday Dessert Table123 members
Pot Luck Entertaining101 members
Tried And True Recipes38 members
Local Kine Grinds36 members
Stuff Kids Will Eat46 members