Mamas Chicken and DumplingsFrom kitchenmouse 8 years ago
How to make it
- For Chicken:
- Place chicken in Dutch oven add water to cover
- Boil until chicken is done
- Remove from heat and remove chicken to dish to cool
- Set Broth aside
- Remove skin and bones from chicken and chop chicken meat in bite size pieces. Set aside as you prepare dumplings.
- For Dumplings:
- Place flour in medium bowl
- Add Margarine
- Cut Margarine into flour until it resembles corn meal
- Cut egg into mixture
- Gradually add milk until mixture is soft, but not sticky and can be easily handled.
- Roll dough into a ball
- Place on flour dusted waxed paper
- Roll in a square until dough is 1/4 inch thick or a little thinner if you like.
- Cut into 2" wide strips then, cut across making a 2" square dumpling.
- Meanwhile skim fat off chicken broth and add canned broth to it.
- Cook on medium heat until mixture begins to boil lightly
- Add dumplings, one at a time
- Add Salt, Pepper and Lemon Pepper to taste
- Let cook about 20 minutes
- Add chicken cook an additonal 20 to 25 minutes or until dumplings are cooked through.
- (I always take one out and sneak a "taste")
- Serve hot and refrigerate all leftovers.
The Cookkitchenmouse Richardson, TX
The Rating2 people
sounds wonderful... i add a cup of heavy cream at te end to mine it adds more fat but gives the dish a richer flavor. ty for sharingflirty_go1 in Brewton loved it
This sounds so good I will give it a try and get back to you but with the flu in this house it will be awhile for us to try it.
Silverqueensilverqueen in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!