Slow Cook Spinach And Mushroom Stuffed Pork RoastFrom pat2me 9 years ago
- 2 - 2 1/2 lb boneless pork loin shopping list
- 2 Tbl EVOO shopping list
- 3 garlic cloves, finley chopped or pressed shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce ) Pkg button mushrooms, chopped shopping list
- 1 pkg (9 ot 10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry shopping list
- 1/2 C soft bread crumbs (about 1 slice) shopping list
- 1/3 Cup grated Parmesan shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
How to make it
- Save yourself some time and ask your butcher or meat dept. if they'll do this next part for you.
- If you're doing this yourself, just picture a "Z" shape that you're going to open and lay flat
- To cut pork so it can be filled and rolled, cut horizontally down the length of the pork about 1/2 inch from top of roast to within 3/4 of an inch of the opposite side.
- Turn pork so you can cut the other side. Repeat with other side of pork, cutting from the inside edge to the outside edge; open roast flat.
- If the pork is thicker than 3/4 of an inch, cover it with plastic wrap and pound until about 3/4 inch thickness. Remove plastic wrap.
- Hard part is done.
- Heat 1 tbl of the oil in a 12" skillet over medium high
- Cook garlic and mushrooms in oil stirring frquently, until mushrooms are tender and liquid has evaporated
- Stir in spinach, bread crumbs and cheese
- Spread mushroom mixture on inside surface of pork
- roll up up pork; tie with kitchen twine
- Heat remaining Tbl of oil in 12 " skillet over medium high
- Sear pork until brown on all sides
- Place roast in 3 1/2 to 4 qt slow cooker.
- Sprinkle with salt
- Cover and cook on low setting for 6 to 7 hours or until pork is tender.