Sweet And Sour Braised BeefFrom dogfool 9 years ago
- 3 Lb. chuck shoulder roast shopping list
- 2 Tblsp oil shopping list
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes shopping list
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup brown sugar ( light or dark ) shopping list
- 1 tsp ground allspice shopping list
- 1 tblspoon black pepper shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- water to cover shopping list
How to make it
- In a dutch oven, heat 2 tblsp oil
- salt and pepper roast
- place roast in hot oil turning to brown all sides
- add 2 cans of stewed tomatoes
- Add vinegar, brown sugar, allspice
- add water to cover meat
- stir to combine ingrediants
- Cook on Med heat watching to make sure water level stays up.
- turn meat occasionally to make sure it doesn't burn
- cook 3 hrs.
- the last 1/2 hour of cooking time do not add any water
- turn up heat to med high and reduce sauce by 3/4
- remove and sllce roast serve sauce on top.
- Serve with Veg and buttered noodles and crusty bread
The Cookdogfool Wilson, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!