Cinnamon TwistsFrom cakelady 6 years ago
- 1 TBSP active dry yeast or 1 1/4 oz package shopping list
- 1 TBSP sugar shopping list
- 1/4 C lukewarm water (110 F or 45 C) shopping list
- 1 C buttermilk shopping list
- 1/4 tsp baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 C butter, melted shopping list
- 2 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 4 to 6 C hot roll mix (the recipe is on my food page) shopping list
- cinnamon filling (below) shopping list
- Powdered-sugar glaze (below) shopping list
- About 3 TBSP butter (melted, to brush dough with later) shopping list
- cinnamon Filling shopping list
- 1/2 C brown sugar, packed shopping list
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 C chopped nuts (I like almonds and pecans best) shopping list
- Powdered-sugar glaze shopping list
- 1 1/2 C powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 TBSP butter, melted shopping list
- 2 TBSP hot water shopping list
How to make it
- In a cup, dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Set aside.
- Bring buttermilk to a boil, so that it curdles.
- Add baking soda and 1/4 C melted butter to buttermilk.
- (Watch out, this expands quite a bit...make sure you have room)
- Add eggs.
- When mixture is luke-warm, add dissolved yeast mixture.
- In your mixing bowl, add 4 C hot roll mix.
- Add the buttermilk/yeast mixture to the flour in the mixing bowl.
- Mix with a bread hook, until it forms a soft ball.
- You can keep adding hot roll mix until it becomes less sticky.
- You will probably add 5 to 6 C hot roll mix, total.
- Knead for 5 minutes on medium speed with your bread hook.
- If you don't have a mixer with a bread hook, turn the dough out onto
- a floured board and knead by hand for 5 minutes.
- Place dough ball in a bowl, sprayed with non stick spray and cover.
- Spray the top of the dough ball.
- Let it raise for an hour or so, until it doubles in size.
- Punch down dough and turn out onto a floured surface.
- Grease two baking sheets.
- Combine ingredients for cinnamon filling.
- Roll out dough to 12 inches by 10 inches (rectangle).
- Cover 1/2 of the dough (lengthwise) with cinnamon/nut mixture.
- Fold dough in half, sealing the edges.
- Cut into 18 strips, horizontally.
- Twist each strip twice and place one inch apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Spray the tops of the rolls with non stick spray.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise until doubled (30 - 40 mins)
- Bake 10 to 12 mins at 375 degrees F (190 C).
- Combine ingredients for powdered sugar glaze.
- Brush warm rolls with powdered sugar glaze.
People Who Like This Dish 16
The Cookcakelady Murray, UT
The Rating6 people
Been along time since I made these, they are every bit as wonderful as the picture. Great post. Anyone that doesn't try this one is missing out. Thanks GFhenrie in Savannah loved it
It's been years since I made these, I love them!
got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
OMG Cinnamon bread, rolls, twist, kugel, kuchen WHATEVER!!!! I'm in love! Thanks for sharing.danadooley in Singapore loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!