Chicken Cordon BleuFrom hayleesgrandma 7 years ago
- 1/4 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 5 teaspoons butter, melted shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh parmigiano-reggiano cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon paprika shopping list
- 4 (6-ounce) skinless, boneless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 4 thin slices prosciutto (about 2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese shopping list
- cooking spray shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place broth in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at high 15 seconds or until warm. Stir in butter and garlic. Combine breadcrumbs, Parmigiano-Reggiano, and paprika in a medium shallow bowl; set aside.
- Place each chicken breast half between 2 sheets of heavy-duty plastic wrap, and pound each to 1/4-inch thickness using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt, oregano, and pepper. Top each breast half with 1 slice of prosciutto and 1 tablespoon mozzarella. Roll up each breast half jelly-roll fashion. Dip each roll in chicken broth mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place rolls, seam side down, in an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Pour remaining broth mixture over chicken. Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until juices run clear and tops are golden.