White Chocolate CakeFrom hayleesgrandma 6 years ago
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 4 oz white chocolate shopping list
- 1/4 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup solid vegetable shortening shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 6 large egg whites shopping list
- Frosting: shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 cup bottled lemon curd shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- 2. In bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. In suacepan, melt chocolate with milk over medium heat; let cool.
- 3. In large bowl, beat shortening and sugar until smooth, 3 minutes. Gradually beat in whites and milk mixture. On low speed, beat in flour mixture. Spread evenly in pans.
- 4. Bake in 350 oven 20 minutes, until pick inserted in centers tests clean. Cool in pans on rack 5 minutes. Remove from pans; let cool. Slice each layer in half horizontally.
- 5. Frosting: Soften cream cheese and butter in bowl. Beat in sugar. Beat in chocolate, then thickened.
- 6. Place 1 cake layer on stand. Spread with 1/3 cup curd and 1/3 cup frosting. Continue stacking layers, curd and frosting. Cover outside of cake with frosting. Chill 1 hour.
The Cookhayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!