Low-fat Chicken EnchiladasFrom chihuahua 5 years ago
- Filling: shopping list
- 3 C water shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. salt shopping list
- 8 black peppercorns shopping list
- 1 onion, quartered shopping list
- 1 Bay Leaf shopping list
- 1 pound skinless, Chicken Breast halves shopping list
- 3/4 C (3 ounces) shredded monterey jack cheese, divided shopping list
- 3/4 C (3 ounces) shredded reduced-fat extra-sharp cheddar cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/2 C chopped onion shopping list
- Sauce: shopping list
- 2/3 C 2% reduced-fat milk shopping list
- 1/4 C chopped fresh cilantro (I omit this) shopping list
- 1/4 C egg substitute shopping list
- 1/8 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 (11-ounce) can tomatillos, drained shopping list
- 1 (4.4-ounce) can chopped green chilies, undrained shopping list
- Remaining Ingredients: shopping list
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas shopping list
- 2/3 C fat-free sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- To prepare filling, place first 6 ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 45 minutes. Remove chicken from cooking liquid; cool. Remove chicken from bones; shred with 2 forks. Discard bones. Reserved broth for another use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine chicken, 1/2 C each Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, and 1/2 C onion in a bowl; set aside.
- To prepare sauce, place milk and next five ingredients (milk through chiles) in a food processor; process until smooth.
- To prepare tortillas, fill a medium skillet with 1 inch of water; bring to a simmer. Dip 1 tortilla in water using tongs. Spoon 1/2 C filling in center of tortilla; roll tightly, and place in an 11 X 7-inch baking dish. Repeat procedure with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Pour sauce over enchiladas. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Uncover, sprinkle with 1/4 C each Monterey Jack and cheddar. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheeses melt. Top with sour cream.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- Not added to any groups yet!