Elegant Stuffed Mushroom with White Wine Cream SauceFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 2 Packages capped mushroom shopping list
- 1/2 yellow onion (grated) shopping list
- 1-2 Stick of butter shopping list
- 1-2 Teaspoon minced garlic (not dried) shopping list
- parmesan cheese (shredded or grated) shopping list
- basil and italian seasoning shopping list
- Italian bread crumbs shopping list
- 1 Can crabmeat (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Saute onion and garlic in melted butter.
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems, chop stem very fine.
- Add stems to sauteed onion and garlic.
- Add crabmeat if desired.
- Add basil and seasonings. (salt & pepper to taste)
- Saute stems until soft.
- Add parmesan cheese to your liking.
- Remove from heat and add bread crumbs until a paste like mixture forms.
- Fill caps with mixture.
- You can also sprinkle shredded Parmesan cheese on the caps before baking.
- Bake at 350 degrees in a shallow pan rubbed with butter until mushrooms are soft and dark. Make sure there is enough butter in the pan throughout cooking to avoid drying the mushrooms out, but not to much or they will be mushy.
- While the mushrooms are baking, saute garlic in a little butter. Add flour until a thick mixture forms. Slowly add heavy cream to thin the sauce. Add about 1/2 cup of white wine and one teaspoon white pepper. add a little grated parmesan cheese for flavor.
- Once the sauce is done and the mushrooms are out pour the sauce over the hot mushrooms and sprinkle with paprika.