Quick Candied WalnutsFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
How to make it
- In skillet, add butter and let melt on medium.
- Add walnuts, and with spoon, stir so that all walnuts are coated.
- Add sugar and salt and stir once again coating each walnut with the sprinkled sugar and salt.
- Add the optional dash of cayenne pepper if you wanted an extra pop in our candied walnuts.
- Pour out onto your cookie sheet, allowing for a little space between walnuts so they don't candy up on you in a huge clump.
- Pop cookie sheet with walnuts into oven and let bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Check once again stirring and turning over walnuts, put back into oven for another 3-5 minutes. Make sure not to burn your nuts.
- Take out walnuts and let cool completely before adding to your salads and soups. Enjoy!
- Photo shown is my dish of "pineappled chicken" with candied walnuts placed on top along with scallions.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating2 people
this is going to help me use up the walnuts in the freezer thanks. sounds great making a pinapple pie tonight and this sounds like it will go great over the top for a garnish. and on my salads so many uses. thanks.maywest in Tangerine loved it
I love these... and here I thought I made up this recipe! lol lol... got my 5
shirleyoma in Cove loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!