Quick Candied WalnutsFrom divaliscious 8 years ago
How to make it
- In skillet, add butter and let melt on medium.
- Add walnuts, and with spoon, stir so that all walnuts are coated.
- Add sugar and salt and stir once again coating each walnut with the sprinkled sugar and salt.
- Add the optional dash of cayenne pepper if you wanted an extra pop in our candied walnuts.
- Pour out onto your cookie sheet, allowing for a little space between walnuts so they don't candy up on you in a huge clump.
- Pop cookie sheet with walnuts into oven and let bake at 350 for 5 minutes.
- Check once again stirring and turning over walnuts, put back into oven for another 3-5 minutes. Make sure not to burn your nuts.
- Take out walnuts and let cool completely before adding to your salads and soups. Enjoy!
- Photo shown is my dish of "pineappled chicken" with candied walnuts placed on top along with scallions.
The Cookdivaliscious Dutchess County, NY
The Rating2 people
I love these... and here I thought I made up this recipe! lol lol... got my 5
shirleyoma in Cove loved it
this is going to help me use up the walnuts in the freezer thanks. sounds great making a pinapple pie tonight and this sounds like it will go great over the top for a garnish. and on my salads so many uses. thanks.maywest in Tangerine loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!